Private and bespoke SEO training designed for your business and website
Learn How To Outrank Your Competitors
- Day-to-day SEO skills – so you or your team can implement specific SEO tasks.
- Key principles – so you can drive more from your team, or agency.
The training will follow an SEO audit of your website, so we only cover the relevant areas (rather than stuff you do not need to know)!
Your Trainer Jon
Helping businesses improve their SEO performance since 2011
Designed for your knowledge level and website
The training will give you the skills and action plan your website needs to greatly improve results
Your training was absolutely outstanding and I’d recommend you to anyone!
Thanks so much, it was a really productive and interesting day. There was so much added value in it with your expertise on SEO activity as well.
Many thanks for all the information and support with planning.
Spoke with first-hand experience and conviction
Jon produced and presented a very thorough training session for our business. We were impressed with his creative ideas and business experience which enabled him to speak and present with first-hand experience and conviction.
All Attendees have given positive feedback as well, so we will most certainly continue to use Jon on a regular and ongoing basis for our business and value him as a crucial part of our virtual team.
The Training Had A Very Positive Impact
Jon provided advanced on-page optimisation training for our team.
The training was very comprehensive and easy to follow, using lots of real-world case studies.
He presented very logical methods for finding out what needs to be done on any web page to give it a chance of top SEO rankings, which included significant competitor analysis.
There were specific web pages that we were looking to optimise; we implemented what was learned at the training which has had a very positive effect.
I would highly recommend SEO training with Jon, we’ve had a great return on investment.Review from Upwork
Training will include the elements you need most
Typically training includes some of the elements listed below:
Finding the search queries people use to look for your products or services is the cornerstone of your website's SEO success.
The keyword training will teach you how to find the keywords:
- That will drive the right visitors to your website – people who most likely to want your products or services.
- That is achievable for your business – so you do not waste resources optimising for keywords that are too competitive and see no results.
- To target on each page of your website – so you know how each page should be designed, written and optimised.
- You should target in your link building – so you know precisely the type of websites you need to target in your outreach, and the sort of content that needs to be linking back to you.
If you do not target the right keywords, SEO will not be as profitable to your business as it should be.
You will be taught a repeatable process to find your most valuable and achievable targets.
The competitor training will teach you how to find:
- Your most relevant online competitors
- The keywords that drive their search traffic – and relevant keywords you can also target.
- How they drive other website traffic – whether through PPC, social, direct, email, display ads, and more.
- Their top-ranking pages – why they rank, how they have optimised their pages, and what you can do to uniquely replicate this.
- Their website speed and mobile performance – do they have fast and slick websites that look great on mobile, so demanding the same from your site?
- How they convert customers – clues as to how they convert their visitors into customers with calls to action, contact methods, sales funnels, and promotions.
- Their content strategy – how are they using content on their website, and how could this inform your own content creation strategy.
- Their most valuable backlinks – why they have these, and how you could start getting these too.
Why re-invent the wheel when there are others there to guide you? Learn from your competitors then do better!
The on-page training will teach you how to:
- Select the right keywords to target – so your page has the right level of focus.
- Optimise URLs – to ensure they are SEO and user friendly.
- Optimise Meta titles and descriptions – so they both target the right keywords and entice more clicks than your competitors.
- Design the page and content – so it is presenting the right type of content in the format your market expects.
- Write great content – that meets both your visitors and search engine’s needs, including featured snippets.
- Optimise images – their file name and meta data, as well as file size so do not slow the page down.
- Linking internally and externally – how to internally link within your site to optimise the right pages, plus what external links you should be adding to the content.
- Not over optimise – a major problem in the past, causing web pages, and sites to greatly underperform.
After completing the training, you will have the knowledge on how to create a web-page that deserves to rank number 1.
If everything is right (great links, great content well optimised), but you have a severe technical problem with your website, this one item could stop all SEO success.
The technical training will teach you about:
- Search engine visibility – all the elements that need to be in place so that the search engine bots can easily crawl, index, and understand your website. Such as robots.txt and robots meta, canonicalization, sitemaps, URL structure, website security, structured data, and more.
- Speed and performance – the elements of the search engine review, such as core web vitals, competitor speed, page speed insights, mobile user experience, and more.
Then what SEO tools to use to diagnose issues and when, such as:
- Web crawling - such as Screaming Frog, Sitebulb, SEMrush crawler, SEO Powersuite
- Duplicate content – Siteliner, Screaming Frog
- Speed and mobile usability – Google Lighthouse, Google Page Speed, GTMetrix, WebpageTest.org
- Search engine dashboards - Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools
Conversions Rate Optimisation
For websites with traffic, improving conversions is one of the quickest ways to get tangible results, which immediately can improve the bottom line, and make everyone happy!
The conversion training will teach you how to:
- Identify your key conversions – what is most important for your business, such as a phone call, email enquiry, e-commerce purchase, etc. This includes adding value to your conversations, so you can start focussing on those that are most valuable to you.
- Identify your calls to action – the precise messaging you should be using, such as ‘Book A Demo’, ‘Book A Meeting’, ‘Buy Now’.
- Ensure you have a conversion-friendly page – rules on how to make sure the page is designed on mobile and desktop to funnel your visitors into the preferred action.
- Test your optimisation changes – using services such as Google Optimise, how to a/b test your updates to see if they are more effective or not.
Getting people to your website is only half the battle, this training will teach you to convert more people into buying customers.
You will probably need good-quality links to get the rankings you are targeting.
The link analysis training will teach you how to:
- Identify the authority you will need – by looking at your target market and competitors in more detail, this will start to inform the quality of links you will need.
- Build internal links – the most forgotten form of links are internal links from you own pages; you will be taught how to sustainably use internal links to improve rankings.
- Analyse your own website backlink profile – to identify the weight and value of your external backlinks, plus if you have any toxic links causing a problem.
- Identify toxic links and disavow – how to make the decision that your links are a problem, and how you can remove them in the search engines using disavow.
- Find your competitor's valuable backlinks – identifying why they have these, and how you could start getting these too.
* I do not teach link building - most of the link building for my own websites has been outsourced to others who specialised in outreach. I do not teach what I personally do not do myself.
Tracking and Analytics
“If you cannot measure it, you cannot improve it”. Peter Drucker
Understanding what website stats are important to track and understanding these numbers is a critical part of then being able start improving your website performance.
The tracking and analytics training will teach you about:
- Setting performance targets – how to identify the key performance targets for your business, so that you set up the appropriate tracking and monitoring.
- Rank tracking – how to use and understand and use your search engine rankings as a tool for measuring performance.
- Google Search Console – what are the key elements to monitor, and how GSC can be used to improve the optimisations of your website.
- Google Analytics – what metrics you need to monitor, and how to diagnose website problems.
- Heat maps – why heatmaps are an important monitoring tool, and how to use them effectively.
- Advanced monitoring – what other tools are available for advanced monitoring of your website and SEO campaign, so progress is tracked, and problems are identified before the become a serious issue.
The training will focus on ensuring you only focus on the numbers that are important for your business, otherwise it is very easy to thing things are going well, when in fact they are not and you are monitoring the wrong thing.
Before & After
Pre and post-training support to maximise your results
To maximise training value, an SEO audit is carried out on your website before the course to identify issues to focus on, then support is provided after to help the attendees implement their key actions.
Pre-course SEO Audit
The purpose of the audit, is to find out any key elements that are holding your website back. This will help to identify the key areas to focus on within the SEO training.
What is the point of learning all about on-page optimisation, if all the problems on your website relate to technical issues?
Based on the results from the audit, and discussion with you, an action plan will be drawn up so you know the key areas to focus on.
So when you walk out of the training you know all the areas you need to start working on.
Post Course Support
How many of us attend a training session, only to forget some key elements shortly after, which then stops us from taking action?
Email support will be provided after to ensure you do not get stuck and help you to implement your action plan.
One day's training time is 6 hours, but the whole session including breaks is from 9.30 am to 5 pm.
Sessions are from Monday to Friday only excluding bank holidays.
We typically cover one site only.
However, if you have more than one, then please request a quote for the additional site audit.
The course can be tailored to any level of expertise, from beginner to advanced.
However, it is important that this is shared with me on the pre-course questionnaire, so I can tailor the course accordingly.
No, only people from your business.
The training is with you only, so we can specifically focus on your website and the knowledge you need.
This means you will get a great deal more value than a ‘group’ session, where topics may be covered that are not relevant to you.
Two weeks prior to the audit and session, I will send you a questionnaire, which asks many questions:
- Your website's goals and targets.
- Your knowledge level and what you are looking to learn.
- Details of your target market, products, and services.
- Your primary competitors.
- Your target keywords.
- Resources your business has available to undertake SEO work.
The more work you put into this questionnaire, the more you will get out of the session.
Costs are as follows:
- Mini Website Audit* (half day): £220
- Days Training & Post Training Support: £440
* The mini audit is compulsory so that I have a good understanding of your website first to be able to cover the most relevant and important information.