Attract new customers to your business
Pay Per Click Marketing
Are you capitalising on the world’s largest online advertising networks such as Google and Facebook, to drive cost effective traffic to your website? Would you like new customers quickly? More
It is the term used to describe a business’s online marketing activities; and would include digital channels such as their website, Google search, social media and email to connect with prospective and current customers
The fundamental benefit is a typically higher return on investment (ROI) when compared to offline advertising.
Online marketing is different to traditional offline marketing media, allowing advertisers to see results in real time enabling them to see what is working and what is not much quicker.
Compare this to a newspaper advert, where it is difficult to assess how many people have paid attention to the advert, and even the number of direct responses.
A digital marketing consultant can use the rich data available to make adverts more effective quicker, so increasing the marketing return on investment.
Agencies may have skills and expertise that your business does not have. As a result, they should be able to achieve results faster, and more cost effectively than you could achieve in your own business.
A reputable digital marketing agency should have years of experience delivering new customers to numerous businesses as a direct result of their marketing activities.
Before you engage a digital marketing company, you should seek references from previous clients who may be similar to your business.
See our article How to hire an SEO Agency in 2018.
There are numerous ways to drive new customers online, including:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – this is the process of optimising your website so that it appears in the top search results within the search engines for ‘buying queries’ such as “buy BMX bike”, or “guarantor loans”. 
- PPC stands for pay-per- click, and is a type of internet marketing in which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads are clicked with a view of driving more visitors to your website. It is a way of buying visits to your site rather than “earning” those visits organically via SEO. 
- Social Media Marketing - the practice of promoting your content and your brand on the social media networks (Facebook, Twitter etc) to drive traffic, generate leads and increase brand awareness for your business. 
- Email Marketing - using email to promote a business’s products or services, though is most effective when the emails help to develop relationships with potential customers. 
- Content marketing is the technique of creating and distributing valuable content for the purpose of generating brand awareness of your business, traffic growth, lead generation, and customers. 
- Affiliate marketing - one of the oldest forms of marketing where you refer someone to any online product, and when that person buys the product based on your recommendation, you receive a commission. 
- Online PR - similar to traditional PR in the sense that it is about influencing people rather than buying adverts. The influence could result in a story in a magazine, newspaper or blog. It could also result in other online pick- up, including social media. 
The answer depends on:
- Your business goals
The marketing strategies used will depend on the goals your business has.
Maybe you have just launched a new finance brokerage on the back of venture capital, and have a large budget to put towards PPC to drive customers and revenues fast.
Or maybe you have opened a new local store, and need to quickly drive new customers via PPC, plus over time increase your natural search engine presence using Local SEO, plus get your brand known locally via social media.
- Your products, services and market in which you operate
For example, if you supply commercial equipment to the nuclear industry, the right marketing channels are going to be very different to a business who sells ladies fashion. Or if you are a firm of chartered surveyors, then the best forms of marketing will probably be different to a Premier League football team.
- Your businesses current marketing
Your existing marketing activities will greatly influence your digital strategy. For example, if over the years you have developed a large database of your existing customer’s details, then email marketing may be the way to go. If you currently run TV adverts, then maybe search engine optimisation to optimise your brand name in the search engines. Or if you currently sponsor sports teams, then social media marketing could be a great way to engage new customers.
- The speed at which you need results
If you need new customers in one months’ time, then the digital marketing tactics used will be very different to if there is more time. For example, a small PPC campaign can be set up and start delivering results quickly, whereas local search engine optimisation can take many months.
To discuss which digital service may be relevant for your business, please call Mike Knivett.
If the right tactics are used appropriately and executed correctly, then digital has few disadvantages. Though many companies have ‘horror stories’ and never enjoy the benefits digital offers, because this often does not happen.
Digital is very technical with lots of ‘jargon’ which can ‘baffle’ business owners. This opens the door to unscrupulous and ineffective digital marketing agencies selling services they are unable to deliver.
We would recommend you take time before employing an agency and shop around. Googles Maile Ohye shares some excellent advice on our page Hire an SEO in 2018; much is relevant to all types of digital, including tips such as:
- Conduct a two-way interview - meet with all your prospective agency candidates and interview them.
- Check references – ask all prospects to provide you with past client references, for the relevant digital services in the relevant market sectors.
- Request a technical audit - some form of audit or market analysis is relevant to all services, whether that be a review of PPC opportunities, or highlighting a recommended social media strategy.
If you pay your prospective agency for a one-off audit before employing them, you give yourself the chance to ‘see them in action’ before signing a larger contract, and find out if they are the type of people that you can work with.
Free website check
Fill out the form below to get a free check of your websites SEO
Free website analysis and report
The core services
For most businesses there are core internet marketing services that are needed
87.9% of adults in the UK (45.9 million) had recently (in the last 3 months) used the internet  , internet marketing can therefore benefit most businesses in some way. The following lists the core services that your business may need:
Direct Email Marketing
Do you have customers and enquirers that have not yet become customers? Are you capitalising on this with effective email marketing?
Google and Facebook are two of world’s largest companies because their advertising networks are so effective. Are you capitalising on this?
Conversation rate optimisation
Does your business website get visitors but not enough are turning into customers? You can find out why and improve.
Marketing training and tips direct to your inbox
Free weekly digital marketing training and tips
Our blog is a digital marketing training resource free for you to use. Clearly written with actionable hints and tips for your business. Get our weekly articles delivered directly to your inbox.
Free SEO Guide
Learn the Six Key Strategies that will help you to drive your website local leads, and how you can implement them today.
Get our Free Local SEO guide plus weekly digital marketing training emails by entering your details below.
Attract new customers to your business
Free digital reviewDrop us a line so we can start talking about improving your online presence.
Or call MD, Mike Knivett on:
+44 1883 576 001
- What Is SEO / Search Engine Optimization? searchengineland.com.
- What Is PPC? Learn the Basics of Pay-Per- Click (PPC) Marketing. wordstream.com forbes.com. 2014.09.19
- What Is Content Marketing? wordstream.com forbes.com. 2014.09.19
- Social media marketing. wikipedia.org
- What is Affiliate Marketing & FAQ. Shoutmeloud.com. 2017.08.18
- What Is Email Marketing? thebalance.com. 2017.10.05
- What is online PR? ironpaper.com. 2013.06.02
- Internet users in the UK: 2016. ons.gov.uk. 2016.05.20
- Office for National Statistics: Dataset:Internet access - households and individuals. ons.gov.uk
- Facebook Inc A Financials. Morningstar