Boosting your positions in and
Selecting the right search engine marketing company can be a daunting process. The industry is plagued with jargon and there are plenty of agency’s that ‘talk a good game’.
Google has created a very helpful video listing their top recommendations to ensure you hire a good quality agency. In summary they recommend to:
- Conduct interviews with perspective agencies
- Check testimonials and references from past client
- Commission a technical SEO Audit
To see the video in full see our “How to hire an SEO Agency” page
SEO (search engine optimisation) is the marketing activity that helps a website get to the top of Googles search rankings .
From making sure the website is fast and well written, to getting links from other websites, and much more.
It is a very broad subject requiring expertise in:
- Creating and maintaining well designed fast websites
- Producing great written and graphical content
- Connecting with others on the web so they share and link to your web pages.
- Google and their algorithm
- and more
The most effective SEO campaigns tie in with a business’ other marketing activities. It is no longer something the 'SEO Company' does in isolation.
SEO will only benefit you as a marketing activity if there are searches in Google for your products and services, or brand.
If there are searches, we would need to do analysis to see if it would be profitable for you. Google can tell us the rough number of searches per month for every single phrase that is types into Google. At the same time, Google can tell us the approximate pay per click (PPC) value that others bid for that term.
So, if you had a phrase that had 1,000 searches a month, and a PPC value of £10 per click, then this could be a profitable term. Whereas if you had a phrase that had 10 searches a month, and a PPC value of £0.01 per click, then this may not be profitable.
Please call Mike to find out if SEO could be profitable for your business.
It is impossible to give you a quote for SEO services for your business without a chat and some analysis.
There are many factors which can affect your site’s search engine performance, such as:
- Your online competitors
- Quality of your existing site
- Links to your site
- and much more.
Call Mike to discuss the optimisation work that your website needs and how much this would cost.
It normally takes a few months for our SEO work to have an effect. Though for larger older websites this can be much quicker.
Please call Mike to discuss your site and realistic timescales.
Letting our results do the talking, see our testimonials and case studies from previous clients.
Many of our clients have come to us from agencies who did not know what they were doing, so we do get asked this question. Usually the reason was that they did not know how to build links.
We are very experienced at SEO throughout the UK with many national clients. For national products and services, the competition is often greater meaning it is even more important to:
- Have a fast and well-designed website
- Have great quality links
Please contact us for references for our UK SEO clients.
We do have international clients who have websites in many different international regions, so yes we do have international SEO experience.
Still the main way that Google measures the quality of your website is, the quality of the links pointing to it from other sites  . Since 2004 we have been building relationships with website owners, bloggers and journalists. So, when we start building links, we have many contacts who we can approach for quality links.
We are happy to give references from past link building clients. These links are often the main difference between success and failure.
SEO consultants are therefore under pressure to deliver links to their client’s websites. If not approached in the right way, this can be a challenging task.
There are easy ways to build links which do not meet Google’s terms of service  . They can increase a website ranking, but risk the site being banned from Google. This is not good for anyone.
We prefer to keep our clients for many years ensuring them long term sustainable success, so we only building quality links.
Yes, we have helped many websites recover from Google penalties. Businesses who came to us following 'iffy' practices from their previous SEO company.
Google operates guidelines  that website owners must meet to be listed in their index. If a website does not meet their requirements, Google may:
- Penalise the site by reducing its rankings
- Remove the site from its index altogether
This may be due to:
- Issues with the website and its content (Google Panda  Penalty)
- Issues with the website’s linking to the website (Google  Penguin Penalty)
Free Website Check
Step one to getting to the top of Google is to compare your website with your competitors
Free website analysis and report
The technical performance of a website is very important to its search engine performance, and a key part of your websites SEO optimization. To find if your website’s technical performance can be improved see SEO Audit.
If you think about it, the only reason any of us visit any website is to read, watch or listen to its content. Why should Google rank your site well if its content is thin, generic, and does not engage your visitors?
Our goal for your link building campaigns is to increase your search engine rankings for the long term and attracts new visitors from the sites linking to you. We have been successfully link building since 2004.
Social media can be an excellent source of new visitors and links to your website, with the added bonus of also increasing your Google search rankings.
Google Penalty Recovery
Do you think your website has suffered a Google Penalty?Is it suffering from lower than deserved rankings, or has it been banned from Google’s Index?
The Google Panda filter looks at the quality of the content on your website. If the quality is below their set standards, you may see a drop-in rankings for the offending pages.
The Google Penguin penalty looks at the quality of the links pointing to your website. If the quality is below their set standards you may see:
Boosting your positions in and
Free local online marketing reviewDrop us a line so we can start talking about improving your online presence.
Or call MD, Mike Knivett on:
+44 1883 576 001
- “Nearly 60 percent of searches now from mobile devices”. Searchengineland.com. 2016-08- 03
- “Google's Mobile-First Indexing: Is This The Next Mobilegeddon? ”. Forbes.com. 2017-07- 06
- “4 Most Important Ranking Factors, According to SEO Industry Studies ”. Search Engine Journal. 2017-02- 03
- “Google Panda ”. Wikipedia.org. 2017-06- 25
- “Google Penguin ”. Wikipedia.org. 2017-08- 28
- “Webmaster Guidelines ”. Support.google.com
- “Negative SEO: Should You Be Worried? If Attacked, What Should You Do? ”. Moz.com. 2014-08-24
- “The size of the World Wide Web (The Internet) ”. Worldwidewebsize.com
- “Page Speed: How it impacts your SEO and how to improve it”. Oncrawl.com. 2015-04- 15
- “Comparison of Google click through rates by position”. Smartinsights.com. 2016-09- 29
- “What Is SEO / Search Engine Optimization? ”searchengineland.com